About the National Dental Inspection Programme website
The NDIP website provides online learning for NHS dental inspectors in Scotland. The website is funded by NHS Scotland. The website administrators can be contacted via Minervation Ltd.
This site adheres to relevant privacy legislation in its use of personal data to test individual knowledge and issue performance certificates. Personal data is recorded that is commensurate this purpose.
This data is stored in a secure, protected environment with appropriate backup systems. Data is deleted annually.
The regional affiliations of individual users are recorded to enable Regional Co-ordinators to view the performance of inspectors within their region.
From time to time, we may use your email address to notify you of changes to this website or NDIP. No personal data will be shared with any other party, however.
The web site monitors access to the site for the purpose of system administration of the web server and statistical monitoring of web site usage. This may include ‘cookies’.
A cookie is a message given to a web browser by a web server. The message is then stored by the browser in a text file called cookie.txt. Every time the browser obtains a page from the server this cookie message is sent back.
A cookie can be used to identify users and personalise their visit by customising web pages for them. You can manage cookies in your browser.
What types of personal information is collected
Our website collects the following personal data:
- name, email address and NHS regional affiliation
- learner responses to Standardisation and Calibration tests
- reports on learner completion of the tests by region
What is the purpose of processing data
The lawful purpose for processing this data is:
- providing training in Standardisation and Calibration activities
- test learner performance of these activities against validated tests
- enable regional co-ordinators to review learner completion of training in their region
Sharing the information
We do not share your personal data with any other organisation.
Your personal data will not be transferred outside the UK.
We only keep your information for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purposes for which the personal information was collected. Our current policy is that all learner test data is wiped annually in early July. Learners are required to pass the tests on an annual basis.
Security of your information
We take reasonable measures to ensure the confidentiality and security of personal data for which we are responsible.
How to access your personal data
You have the right to access the information which we hold about you, and why, subject to any exemptions using a Subject Access Request. Requests must be made in writing and you will need to provide:
- Adequate information [for example full name, address, date of birth, staff number etc] so that your identity can be verified and your personal data located.
- A description of what information you are requesting to enable us to retrieve it in an efficient manner.
You should send your request to Minervation Ltd.